Friday, June 3, 2011

Time to Say Goodbye

We just finished shopping and got some really cool stuff. Tra was a huge help--her presence alone helped us get some good deals. The worst part of the day was saying goodbye to her. She's only been working at GVI for 2 months and she did such a wonderful job helping us manage our money, get taxi cabs and most importantly not get run over by motorbikes. We will all miss her and reminded her that we'll see her again when we come back next year.

Tonight at 5pm we have a debriefing and then a chance for one more Vietnamese meal. I'm sure there will be many more sad goodbyes, but hopefully we'll be able to keep in touch through the Internet.

I think we've spent the perfect amount of time in Hanoi and I'm ready to go home to see my family and friends. There are definitely things I will miss about Vietnam, but at the same time there are things that I miss about the States. I can't wait to get home and turn my air conditioning up full blast! I also look forward to all the bathrooms having toilet paper, soap, and paper towels or a dryer. Most of all I will miss everyone from GVI--they have been amazing and I don't have enough words to thank them for all they've done for us.

Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment