Saturday, June 4, 2011

Home Sweet Home

I'm so happy to be sitting in my nicely air conditioned home, drinking a really cold lemonade, and typing this blog entry. It was such a long day/night of flying and hanging out in airports, but it's finally come to an end. Poor Jennifer has one more flight to go from DC to Charleston, SC, but that flight will be so much quicker than our 14 hour flight from Korea to DC.

I think the trip was a huge success! We all had a great time and I felt like we created some good relationships for future visits to Vietnam. We will be keeping in contact with several people from the National Children's Hospital and Choung My Hospital. I look forward to giving them suggestions for improvement of their practices by sending them emails and maybe some pictures of how we do things in our hospitals.

This medical mission trip has been such an amazing experience and I really am looking forward to going back next year. I think I already said this in another blog entry, but I want to say it again. GVI IS WONDERFUL!!! They deserve so much credit for the success of this trip. They knew what orphanges and hospitals in Vietnam needed our help. Without them we wouldn't have been able to communicate very well (we probably could have survived at that National Children's Hospital, but it would have been a challenge). They were wonderful tour guides and knew some yummy restaurants to take us to. All of them are wonderful people and we will miss them till we see them again next year.

Thanks for following the blog and I plan to post the pictures tomorrow or the next day.

Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment